Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Savings!!

Hi Holly and Rebecca,

I really enjoyed the class and felt that there was benefit for my family.  I started looking into the supplies and found a few things that I thought were worth sharing.

Barns and Noble sells each book for roughly $30, yet it's $17 on Amazon.  Plus Amazon sells the containers, so if you buy both it reduces your shipping.

King Arthur was mentioned as a great resource for some of the supplies.  If you Google King Arthur coupons, it will link you to retailmenot.com  they have a coupon c9hp2 that allows for 10% off most items.  It worked for me.  (I was told about googling coupons a year ago and have saved a lot.)

I look forward to starting a few loaves next week and wanted to say thanks!!!!  The clerk at Crate and Barrel wants to come to the next class.... well she really wants to have her friends over and pay someone to each them how to make the loaves.  So Rebecca, you could be even busier...

Ciao,

Jenn




3 comments:

  1. Roberta Thomas also called and mentioned that she was able to get the dough whisk significantly cheaper online. She searched for a Danish dough whisk. There is one here for about 5$ http://www.fantes.com/whisks.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay I already shattered my lid if anyone is ordering stuff can you buy me one and I'll pay you for it?

    Also do you cook the bagels at 450?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kristen we talked but for everyone else, bagels at 400*, with steam, for 20 min.

    ReplyDelete